BOOK FAIRS & FESTIVALS
Annual book fairs and festivals provide access to literary resources and authors. Commonly sponsored by local associations and corporations, these festivals benefit educational institutions, and the community. One of the most notable is the Baltimore Book Festival, now held each September at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.
Some of Maryland's book fairs and festivals are televised as they occur or are shown at a later date.
Spelling Bee, Baltimore Book Festival, Mount Vernon Place, Baltimore, Maryland, September 2009. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.
- Annapolis, Annapolis Book Festival, April 2019, Key School, 534 Hillsmere Drive
- Baltimore, Baltimore CityLit Festival, April 2019, University of Baltimore, 1420 North Charles St.
- Kensington, Kensington International Day of the Book Festival, April 2019, Howard Ave.
Afganistan Panel: Stephen D. Wrage, Francis J. (Bing) West, Linda Robinson, John A. Nagle, Annapolis Book Festival, Key School, Annapolis, Maryland, April 2012. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.
, May 2018, Wayne Curry Sports & Learning Center, 8001 Sheriff Road
- Baltimore, African American Children’s Book Fair, May 5, 2018, Reginald F. Lewis Museum, 830 East Pratt St.
- Gaithersburg, Gaithersburg Book Festival, May 19, 2018, City Hall, 31 South Summit Ave.
- Landover, Prince George's Book Festival
Baltimore, Baltimore Book Festival, Sept. 28-30, 2018, Inner Harbor
Book Parade, Baltimore Book Festival, Mount Vernon Place, Baltimore, Maryland, September 2006. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.
© Copyright May 02, 2018 Maryland State Archives