The records of the Mayor’s Office are located in BRG9.
An excellent introduction and guide to this collection is:
- LeFurgy, William G., Susan Wetheimer David, and Richard J. Cox, Governing Baltimore: A Guide to the Records of the Mayor and City Council at the Baltimore City Archives. (Baltimore: Baltimore City Archives and Records Management Office, Department of Legislative Reference, 1981).
Correspondence (Series 2):
Correspondence addressed to the Mayor from the years of 1797-1923 was indexed by the WPA’s Historical Records Survey and are located in BRG9-2.
Individual Mayor’s Papers:The City Archives holds:
- folder listings for Mayors’ Papers through 1971
- transmittal sheets for papers received subsequently
- a detailed folder level inventory for the Schaefer administration.
Biographies of the Mayors are to be found on the Maryland State Archives’s Historical List of Baltimore Mayors. 1797-.
Mayor’s Records in the Microfilm Collection
The Security Microfilm Collection of the Baltimore City Archives includes only a small fraction of mayoral records, mostly relating to:
- BRG9-18: Mayor Broening’s Correspondence, Index, bca_m0200-201
- BRG9-30: Oath Books 1899-1962 bca_m0365
- BRG9-38: Personnel Appointments, Non-Civil Service, 1952-69 bca_m1588 1969-1986 bca_m5205-5209;bca_m5320-5321
This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.
Tell Us What You Think About the Baltimore City Archives Website!
[ Archives' Home Page ||
Maryland Manual Online ||
Reference & Research
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ]