WASHINGTON COUNTY, MARYLAND

MUNICIPALITIES

WILLIAMSPORT


[Town logo, Williamsport, Maryland]
  • Incorporated 1823 (Chapter 125, Acts of 1823)
  • Charter
  • Mayors
  • Named for Otho Holland Williams (1749-1794), Revolutionary War General
  • Population
    1990 census: 2,103
    2000 census: 1,868
    2010 census: 2,137
  • Reports

      TOWN COUNCIL
      Elected by Voters to 4-year terms (March):
      William B. Green, Mayor, 2021
      Joan E. Knode, Assistant Mayor, 2021
      James Braswell,* 2019
      *(sworn in March 13, 2017 to replace William B. Green, who was elected mayor)
      Dustin M. Byers, 2019
      James Kalbfleisch, 2019
      Charles E. Brown III, 2021
      Dennis W. (Denny) Grove, 2021

      Meetings: 2nd Monday, 7:00 p.m.

      P. O. Box 307
      Town Hall, 2 North Conococheague St., Williamsport, MD 21795 - 1036
      (301) 223-7711; fax: (301) 223-6496
      e-mail: frontdesk@williamsportmd.org
      web: https://williamsportmd.gov/

    Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
    Maryland Departments
    Maryland Independent Agencies
    Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
    Maryland Universities & Colleges
    Maryland Counties
    Maryland Municipalities
    Maryland at a Glance


    Maryland Manual On-Line

    Search the Manual
    e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us


    This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


    Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


    [ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
    ||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

    Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

    Copyright October 23, 2018 Maryland State Archives