This reel of microfilm contains the Cambridge Chronicle. The pages missing from the microfilm may exist, they just were missing from the copy that was microfilmed. As pages are found they will be added to this site.
We are adding records from microfilm that continue the Early State Records series when we believe they can not be converted to text by Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software. Any records that can be converted to text by OCR will be added to the Archives of Maryland Online (AOMOL).
Cambridge Chronicle Collection
MSA SC 2842
(Cambridge, Dorchester County: G. W. Callahan)
The Cambridge Chronicle began publication in 1828 and ceased in 1855[?]. It was published weekly. Title history based on June 21, 1828 [v. 4, no. 207]. It was published as the Cambridge Weekly Chronicle, and Farmer's Register, January 5-July 13, 1839. The newspaper continues the Cambridge Chronicle and Maryland Weekly Advertiser (Cambridge: 1827) and was absorbed by the American Eagle (Cambridge: 1855).
A more complete collection of the Cambridge Chronicle is available at the Library of Congress and the Dorchester County Public Library, Cambridge.
For abstracts, see: Walter E. Arps, Jr., Before the Fire: Genealogical Gleanings from the Cambridge (MD) Chronicle 1830-1855 (Lutherville: Betty Carothers, 1978); F. Edward Wright, Maryland Eastern Shore Newspaper Abstracts Southern Counties 1830-1834 vol. 8 (Silver Spring: Family Line Publications, 1985).