FREDERICK COUNTY, MARYLAND

MUNICIPALITIES

THURMONT

Incorporated 1831 as Mechanicstown (Chapter 111, Acts of 1831)
Incorporated 1894 as Thurmont (Chapter 16, Acts of 1894)
[Town Seal, Thurmont, Maryland]
  • Charter
  • Code
  • Mayors
  • Population
    1990 census: 3,398
    2000 census: 5,588
    2010 census: 6,170
  • Presidents of Town Commission
  • Reports


  • [photo, Municipal Office Building, 615 East Main St., Thurmont, Maryland]

    Municipal Office Building, 615 East Main St., Thurmont, Maryland, May 2015. Photo by Sarah A. Hanks.


    [photo, Hagerstown and Frederick Railway Motor Freight no. 5, East Main St., Thurmont, Maryland]
  • Commission Agendas

    P. O. Box 17
    Municipal Office Building, 615 East Main St., Thurmont, MD 21788 - 0017
    (301) 271-7313; fax: (301) 271-2155
    web: www.thurmont.com/

    Hagerstown & Frederick Railway Motor Freight no. 5, East Main St., Thurmont, Maryland, May 2015. Photo by Sarah A. Hanks.


    Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
    Maryland Departments
    Maryland Independent Agencies
    Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
    Maryland Universities & Colleges
    Maryland Counties
    Maryland Municipalities
    Maryland at a Glance


    Maryland Manual On-Line

    Search the Manual
    e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us


    This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


    Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


    [ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
    ||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

    Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

    Copyright November 15, 2016 Maryland State Archives