(1) The Transition Team is composed of 7 members
appointed by the Governor. Of the members, the Transition
Team shall include:
(a) The Governor's Appointments Secretary;
(b) One member of the House of Delegates;
(c) One member of the Senate of Maryland; and,
(d) Four members who shall represent the
(2) The Governor shall appoint the Chairperson and
Vice-Chairperson of the Transition Team.
(3) The Governor may remove any member of the
Transition Team for any cause adversely affecting the
member's ability or willingness to perform his or her
(4) In the event of a vacancy, the Governor shall
appoint a successor for the remainder of the life of the
(5) A majority of the Transition Team shall
constitute a quorum for the transaction of any business.
The Transition Team may adopt such other procedures
necessary to ensure the orderly transaction of business.
(6) The members of the Transition Team may not
receive compensation for their services. The members may be
reimbursed for their reasonable expenses incurred in the
performance of their duties, in accordance with the standard
travel regulations, and as provided in the State budget.
(7) The Chairperson of the Transition Team may secure
the services of staff. It is expected that such staff will
have sufficient academic standing so as to bring broad
experience to the task.
C. Duties and Responsibilities. The Transition Team shall:
(1) Identify and recruit the most qualified and
capable candidates for the Maryland Higher Education
Commission and the Board of Regents of the University of
Maryland System for inclusion on a list of nominations to be
submitted to the Governor;
(2) Seek candidates of demonstrated achievement, and
recognize the diversity of the population of the State;
(3) Include on the list submitted to the Governor at
least three names for each position to be filled on both the