ALBERT C. RITCHIE, GOVERNOR. 617
(2) "Public School" shall mean any day school conducted
within the State under the authority and supervision of a duly
appointed County Board of Education and any educational
institution supported by and under the control of the State,
such as the State Normal Schools, the School for the Feeble-
Minded, and the School for the Deaf.
(3) "Teacher" shall mean any teacher, helping teacher,
principal, supervisor or superintendent, attendance officer, or
clerk employed in a public day school within the State or in
any State educational institution supported and controlled by
the State. In all cases of doubt the Board of Trustees herein-
after defined, shall determine whether any person is a teacher
as defined in this Article.
(4) "Member" shall mean any teacher included in the mem-
bership of the system as provided in Section 94 of this Article.
(5) "Board of Trustees" shall mean the Board provided
for in Section 97 of this Article to administer the Retirement
(6) "Medical Board" shall mean the board of physicians
provided for in Section 97 of this Article.
(7) "Service" shall mean service as a teacher as described
in Sub-section (3) of this section and paid for by the State
(8) "Prior Service" shall mean service rendered prior to
the date of establishment of the Retirement System for which
credit is allowable under Section 95 of this Article.
(9) "Membership Service" shall mean service as a teacher
rendered while a member of the Retirement System.
(10) "Creditable Service" shall mean "Prior Service"
plus "Membership Service" for which credit is allowable as
provided in Section 95 of this Article.
(11) "Beneficiary" shall mean any person in receipt of a
pension, an annuity, a retirement allowance or other benefit
as provided by this sub-title.
(12) "Regular Interest" shall mean interest at the rate of
four per centum per annum compounded annually.
(13) "Accumulated Contributions" shall mean the sum of
all the amounts deducted from the compensation of a member
and credited to his individual account in the Annuity Savings
Fund together with regular interest thereon as provided in
Section 99 of this Article.