clear space clear space clear space white space
A
 r c h i v e s   o f   M a r y l a n d   O n l i n e

PLEASE NOTE: The searchable text below was computer generated and may contain typographical errors. Numerical typos are particularly troubling. Click “View pdf” to see the original document.

  Maryland State Archives | Index | Help | Search
search for:
clear space
white space
Maryland Manual, 1991-92
Volume 185, Page 618   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
  << PREVIOUS  NEXT >>
clear space clear space clear space white space

618/Mary land Manual

Alumni Association (life member); Susquehanna Law
Club. Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation.

JOSEPH S. CASULA. Associate Judge, Prince George's
County Circuit Court, 7th Judicial Circuit, since 1985.
Born in Shcnandoah, Pennsylvania, December 15, 1933.
J. W. Cooper High School; Mount St. Mary's College,
B.S., 1955; Catholic University Law School, LL.B., 1959.
Served in U.S. Army, 1959-61. Admitted to Maryland Bar,
1962. Member, American, Maryland State and Prince
George's County Bar Associations; Phi Alpha Delta Law
Fraternity; National Association of Criminal Defense
Lawyers. Associate Editor, Catholic University Law Review;
law clerk for the Honorable Charles C. Marbury, Maryland
Court of Appeals, 1961-62. Prince George's County legis-
lative officer, 1967-68. Prince George's County attorney,
1973-75. Attorney for Prince George's County Housing
Authority, 1975-80. Attorney for Maryland Municipal
League, 1969-70. Attorney for City of Bowie, 1969-72;
Town of Landover Hills, 1969-73; Town of Capitol
Heights, 1969-73;Town ofMorningsidc, 1978-80. Judge,
District Court of Maryland, District 5, Prince George's
County, 1980-85.

WILLIAM MacKENZIE CAVE. Associate Judge,
Montgomery County Circuit Court, 6th Judicial Circuit,
since 1978. Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, February
4, 1934. Attended Montgomery County public schools.
Served in U.S. Army. University of Maryland, B.A., 1958;
University of Maryland School of Law, LL.B., 1961; J.D.,
1969. Member, Maryland State Bar Association. Admitted
to Maryland Bar, 1961. Assistant State's Attorney,
Montgomery County, 1967-71. Deputy State's Attorney,
Montgomery County, 1971. Judge, District Court of
Maryland, District 6, Montgomery County, 1971-78.

JAMES C. CAWOOD, JR. Associate Judge, Annc
Arundcl County Circuit Court, 5th Judicial Circuit, since
1982. Born in Washington, DC, June 4,1936. St. Ansclm's
Priory High School. Served in U.S. Marine Corps Reserve,
1953-64. Georgetown University, A.B. (magna cum
laude), 1958; Georgetown University Law School, LL.B.,
1961. Admitted to Maryland and District of Columbia
Bars, 1961. Member, American and District of Columbia
Bar Associations. Member, Maryland State Bar Associa-
tion (chair-elect, litigation section, 1989-90; chairman,
alternative resolution of disputes committee, 1988—). Trus-
tee, Annc Arundcl County Bar Association. Member,
Power Plant Siting Program, 1971-82 (chairman, 1978-
82). Member, Londontownc Publik House Commission.
Member, Fiduciary Rules Subcommittee, 1985—. Presi-
dent, William Paca Inn of Court, 1987-89. President,
Margaret Brent Inn of Court, 1989—.

RICHARD JOHN CLARK. Associate Judge, Charles
County Circuit Court, 7th Judicial Circuit, since 1980.
Born in Washington, DC, June 20, 1942. Gonzaga Col-
lege High School, Washington, DC; Catholic University
of America; University of Maryland, B.A., 1965; Univer-
sity of Maryland School of Law, LL.B., 1969. Admitted
to Maryland Bar, 1969. Juvenile Master, Charles County.
Public Defender, District 4. Judge, District 4, District
Court of Maryland, 1976.80. Member, Knights of Colum-
bus.

DONALDSON CRAIG COLE, JR. Associate Judge,
Cecil County Circuit Court, 2nd Judicial Circuit, since
1980 (Chief Judge). Born in Pcnyville, Maryland, Septem-
ber 4,1934. Dicldnson College, B.A., 1956. Served in U.S.
Army, 1956-58. University of Maryland School of Law,

J.D., 1961; City of London College, London, England,
course in international law. Admitted to Maryland Bar,
1961. Member, Cecil County Bar Association (past presi-
dent); Maryland State's Attorneys' Association (past vice-
president); National District Attorneys Association.
State's Attorney, Cecil County, 1967-80.

JOHN PRINTZ CORDERMAN. Associate Judge,
Washington County Circuit Court, 4th Judicial Circuit,
since 1977. Born in Hagerstown, Maryland, May 14,
1942. Attended Hagerstown public schools; Hagerstown
Junior College; University of Maryland, B.A., 1965;
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1968. Ad-
mitted to Maryland Bar, 1968. Member, American Bar
Association (house of delegates, 1983-90). Member,
Maryland State Bar Association (board of governors,
1972-76,1981-87,1988-90; executive committee, 1981-
85; president-elect, 1983-84; president, 1984-85). Mem-
ber, Washington County Bar Association. Maryland
Judicial Conference legislative committee, 1978-81; ex-
ecutive committee, 1981-85, 1989-91 (chair, 1990-91;
vice-chair, 1989-90). Board of Directors, Maryland In-
stitute for the Continuing Professional Education of
Lawyers, Inc. (MICPEL), 1983-88. Fellow, American Bar
Foundation; Maryland Bar Foundation (secretary-
treasurer, 1986-89; board of directors, 1983-90). Member,
American Judicature Society; Association ofTrial Lawyers
of America. Member, American Law Institute, 1988—.
Deputy State's Attorney, Washington County, 1971-74.
Member, State Senate, 1975-77. Washington County Out-
standing Young Man, 1974. Legislator of the Year,
Maryland State's Attorneys' Association, 1976. YMCA
Board of Directors, 1983-89. Rotary Club Board of Direc-
tors, 1986-91 (president-elect, 1988-89; president, 1989-
90). Member, Washington County Commission on
Physical Fitness.

ANDRE M. DAVIS. Associate Judge, Baltimore City
Circuit Court, 8th Judicial Circuit, since 1990. Born in
Baltimore, Maryland, February 11, 1949. University of
Pennsylvania, B.A., 1971; University of Maryland School
of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1978. Admitted to Maryland Bar,
1979. Member, American, Maryland State, Baltimore City
and Monumental City Bar Associations. Assistant U.S.
Attorney (Maryland), 1981-83. Assistant Professor,
University of Maryland School of Law, 1984-87. Member,
Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity; Scrjeants' Inn Law
Club. Director, Baltimore Urban League, Inc., 1975-78.
Law Clerk to U.S. District Judge Frank A. Kaufman,
1978-79. Law Clerk to U.S. Circuit Judge Francis D.
Murnaghan, Jr., of Fourth Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals,
1979-80. President, Legal Aid Bureau, Inc., 1985-87.
Trustee, Goucher College, 1985—. Member, Inquiry
Committee of Attorney Grievance Commission, 1986-87;
Special Joint Committee on Minorities in the Legal Profes-
sion, 1987. Judicial Conference of U.S. Court of Appeals
for the Fourth Circuit; Governor's Task Force on Black and
Minority Health, 1987. Member, Commissioner Educa-
tion Committee, District Court of Maryland, 1987-91.
Director, Judicial Institute of Maryland, 1987—. Director,
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Central Maryland, Inc., 1989—.
Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award; Mycrowitz
Moot Court Award; Roger Howcll Award (Univ. of
Md.); Marshal-Wythe Moot Court Award. Judge, District
1, District Court of Maryland, 1987-90.

EDWARD A. DcWATERS, JR. Chief Judge and Cir-
cuit Administrative Judge, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since 1990.
Former County Administrative Judge, Baltimore County

 



 
clear space
clear space
white space

Please view image to verify text. To report an error, please contact us.
Maryland Manual, 1991-92
Volume 185, Page 618   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
  << PREVIOUS  NEXT >>


This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!



An Archives of Maryland electronic publication.
For information contact mdlegal@mdarchives.state.md.us.

©Copyright  August 02, 2018
Maryland State Archives