clear space clear space clear space white space
A
 r c h i v e s   o f   M a r y l a n d   O n l i n e

PLEASE NOTE: The searchable text below was computer generated and may contain typographical errors. Numerical typos are particularly troubling. Click “View pdf” to see the original document.

  Maryland State Archives | Index | Help | Search
search for:
clear space
white space
Maryland Manual, 1989-90
Volume 184, Page 441   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
  << PREVIOUS  NEXT >>
clear space clear space clear space white space

Any person may inspect criminal history record
information concerning himself or herself that is
maintained by a criminal justice agency The person
may challenge the completeness, content, accuracy,
or distribution of such information by giving writ-
ten notice; and the person has a right to have errors
corrected.

The Criminal Justice Information Advisory
Board consists of eighteen members who serve
three-year terms. The Governor appoints ten mem-
bers. They include three persons recommended by
the Secretary of Public Safety and Correction Ser-
vices, two executive officials of police agencies, two
elected county officials, one elected municipal offi-
cial, one State's Attorney, and one public member.
The Senate President appoints a Senate member
and the Speaker of the House of Delegates appoints
a House member to serve on the Board. The Chief
Judge of tiie Court of Appeals also appoints three
Board members from the judicial branch of State
government. Ex officio members include the Attor-
ney General; the Executive Director of the
Governor's Office of Justice Assistance; and the
Director of the Maryland Justice Analysis Center of
the Institute of Criminal Justice and Criminology,
University of Maryland. The Governor designates
the chairperson (Code 1957, Art. 27, secs. 742-
755).

MARYLAND SCHOOLS FOR THE
DEAF

BOARD OF VISITORS

President: Jacob M. Yingling

First Vice-President & Chairperson of Executive
Committee: Joseph D. Baker

Appointed by Governor: Dr. Evan R. Arrindell;
Edward L. Athey; Joseph D. Baker; James A.
Barrack; William O. Carr; Lillian Clark; Charles H.
Conley, Jr., M.D.; James H. Daugherty; Elizabeth
Barker Delaplaine; Ann D. Getty; Sheldon F.
Greenberg; Rudolph C. Hines; James M. Kaple;
Margaret S. Kent; J. Howard Leonard; Walter C.
Martz II; Mary Anna Maguire; Daniel W. Moylan;
Richard S. Mullinix; Malcolm J. Norwood; Arthur
Potts; Mary Jane Sanders; Alfred P. Shockley;
Roland C. Steiner; W. Jackson Stenger, Jr.; Nancy
Underhill; Robert F. Wiedefeld; one vacancy.

David M. Denton, Pd.D., Superintendent

Frederick Campus
P.O. Box 250
101 Clarke Place
Frederick, MD 21701 662-4159 (voice)
663-8755 (TDD)

Independent Agencies/441

Columbia Campus
PO. Box 894
Route 108 and Old Montgomery Rd.
Columbia, MD 21044
465-9611 (voice & TDD)

Budget (Code 36.05.00)
FY1989 Total Appropriation............$12,161,515
General Funds...................................$11,904,085
Special Funds....................................$ 55,100
Federal Funds....................................$ 202,330
FY1989 Total Authorized Positions................360

BOARD OF VISITORS

SUPERINTENDENT
David M. Denton, Pd.D.,Superintendent
............................662-4159
Ronald C. Sisk, Assistant Superintendent,
Administration ............... 662-4159

FREDERICK CAMPUS
Dr. Kenneth W. Kritz, Assistant
Superintendent/Principal...........662-4159

COLUMBIA CAMPUS
Dr. Richard C. Steffan, Jr., Assistant
Superintendent/Principal............465-9611

The Maryland School for the Deaf was estab-
lished in 1868 as a free public residential school for
deaf and hard-of-hearing children who reside in the
State (Chapter 247, Acts of 1867; Chapter 409,
Acts of 1868).

The Maryland Schools for the Deaf offer an
academic education similar to that of public
schools. The Schools also provide thorough in-
struction in communications skills, including
speech and speech reading, signs and finger spell-
ing, auditory training, and use of individual hearing
aids. In addition to the academic program, courses
of study in vocational education also are provided.
The Schools offer a broad athletic and physical
education program, as well as a wide range of social
and recreational activities. Vocational rehabilitation
services are available for all graduating students to
help secure employment, vocational or technical
training, or higher education. Information pertain-
ing to the program is available upon request.

Legislation in 1968 authorized a branch of the
Maryland School for the Deaf to be located near
the population center of the State (Chapter 462,
Acts of 1968). This branch, called Columbia Cam-
pus Maryland School for the Deaf, is administered
and operated as part of and subject to the Maryland
School for the Deaf. The first phase of the Columbia
Campus opened in September 1973 (Code Educa-
tion Article, sec. 8-304).

The Governor appoints the thirty members of
the Schools' Board of Visitors for indefinite terms.



 
clear space
clear space
white space

Please view image to verify text. To report an error, please contact us.
Maryland Manual, 1989-90
Volume 184, Page 441   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
  << PREVIOUS  NEXT >>


This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!



An Archives of Maryland electronic publication.
For information contact mdlegal@mdarchives.state.md.us.

©Copyright  August 01, 2018
Maryland State Archives