[picture of compass rose]The Huntingfield Map Collection
MSA SC 1399
The Maryland State Archives
Special Collections

LeRouge, George Louis [Publisher]

  • Amerique septentrionale avec les routes, distances en miles, villages et etablissements Francois et Anglois a Paris par Lerouge ingr. geographe du roy rue des Grands Augustins 1756..... This is the second impression of the second French edition of the John Mitchell map of 1755. 1755 [1756]. MSA SC 1399-1-32 [HFC 256L7]

  • Virginie, Maryland en 2 feuilles par Fry et Jefferson traduit, corrige, augmente a Paris chez Le Rouge Jng[?] geographe du roi des grands augustins 1777. Avec privilege du roi.. This is the third and final edition of the Fry and Jefferson map of 1753. Le Rouge reduced the fourth state of the English edition from 4 sheets to 2 by using an inset to contain the western material. It appeared in Atlas Ameriquain Septentrional,1778. 1753 [1777]. MSA SC 1399-1-210 [HFC 277L5]

  • Baye de Chesapeake en 4 feuilles avec les bas sonds, passes, entrees, sondes et routes ou l'on donne les parties navigables des rivieres Patowmack, Patapsco, et Nord-Est. This is the second edition of the Anthony Smith [attributed] chart of 1776, which was a revision of Walter Hoxton's chart of 1735. It appeared in Pilote Americain Septentrional in 1778. 1776 [1778]. MSA SC 1399-1-258 [HFC 278L5]


    This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


    Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


    [ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
    ||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

    Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

    © Copyright April 26, 2006 Maryland State Archives