Transfer your permanent records to the Maryland State Archives, and your non-permanent records to DGS. You can find forms for both types of records on this website.
- Permanent records are transferred to the Maryland State Archives. More information about transferring records to the State Archives is available within this website:
- How to Transfer Non-Digital (Paper) Permanent Records
- How to Transfer Digital Permanent Records
- How to Transfer Interfile Records
- How to Transfer Refile Records
- Non-permanent State agency records may be transferred to the State Records Center (Note: This will take you to an external website). The State Records Center is not a part of the Archives, but a part of the Department of General Services or DGS. Contact the DGS Records Management Division (410-799-1930 or 410-799-4640) to obtain information about records transfers. Agencies must complete and submit a Records Transmittal and Receipt Form (DGS 550-5) prior to transfer.
This web site is provided as a courtesy of the Maryland State Archives. As you develop your records management program, you should consult with your agency’s Records Officer.
© Copyright June 19, 2020 Maryland State Archives