2003 LAWS OF MARYLAND
(II) IS THE SOLE MEMBER OF A CORPORATION ISSUED A
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY AS A NONPROFIT HEALTH SERVICE PLAN.
(2) This subsection does not apply to a board of a nonprofit health service
plan that INSURES BETWEEN 1 AND 10,000 COVERED LIVES IN MARYLAND OR issues
contracts for only one of the following services:
(v) psychological; or
(3) (I) THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF A NONPROFIT HEALTH SERVICE
PLAN SUBJECT TO THIS SECTION SHALL HAVE NO MORE THAN 21 MEMBERS.
(II) OF THE 21 MEMBERS OF THE BOARD:
1. ONE SHALL BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE
2. ONE SHALL BE APPOINTED BY THE SPEAKER OF THE
3. 19 SHALL BE SELECTED BY THE BOARD, INCLUDING TWO
CONSUMER MEMBERS WHO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF PARAGRAPHS (4)
THROUGH (6) OF THIS SUBSECTION.
(III) TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE, THE BOARD SHALL INCLUDE
INDIVIDUALS WITH EXPERIENCE;
1. IN ACCOUNTING, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, FINANCE,
LAW, LARGE AND SMALL BUSINESS, NONPROFIT BUSINESS, AND ORGANIZED LABOR;
2. IN SERVING AS A TRUSTEE OR DIRECTOR OF A NONPROFIT
[(2) The board shall appoint two additional members to serve as voting
[(3)] (4) Of the two consumer members, one shall be a subscriber and
one shall be a certificate holder of the nonprofit health service plan.
[(4)] (5) Each consumer member of the board:
(i) shall be a member of the general public;
- 2490 -