Ch. 721 1994 LAWS OF MARYLAND
(2) Paragraph (1) of this subsection does not apply to any record or
document that is considered by the professional counselor rehabilitation committee and
that otherwise would be subject to discovery or introduction into evidence in a civil action.
(3) For purposes of this subsection, civil action does not include a
proceeding before the Board or judicial review of a proceeding before the Board.
(f) A person who acts in good faith and within the scope of jurisdiction of a
professional counselor rehabilitation committee is not civilly liable for any action as a
member of the professional counselor rehabilitation committee or for giving information
to, participating in, or contributing to the function of the professional counselor
(A) Except as otherwise provided in this title, unless a person is [certified ]
LICENSED to practice professional counseling OR MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY.
the person may not:
(1) Represent to the public by title, by description of services, methods, or
procedures, or otherwise, that the person is
[certified ] LICENSED by the Board to
provide professional counseling services
OR MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY
SERVICES in this State;
(2) Use any title, abbreviation, sign, card, or other representation that the
person is a
[certified ] LICENSED professional counselor OR LICENSED PROFESSIONAL
COUNSELOR-MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST; OR
(3) Use the title "
[C.P.C. ] L.P.C." OR " L.P.C. C.P.C-M.F.T.", the words
[certified ] LICENSED professional counselor" OR "LICENSED PROFESSIONAL
COUNSELOR-MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST", or the words "
LICENSED counselor" OR "LICENSED MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST" with the
intent to represent that the person practices professional counseling. OR MARRIAGE
AND FAMILY THERAPY;
(4) PRACTICE, ATTEMPT TO PRACTICE. OR OFFER TO PRACTICE.
PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING OR MARRIAGE AMD FAMILY THERAPY IN THIS STATE
(B) EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS TITLE, UNLESS A PERSON IS
LICENSED AS AN ASSOCIATE COUNSELOR, THE PERSON MAY NOT:
(1) REPRESENT TO THE PUBLIC BY TITLE, BY DES CRIPTION OF
SERVICES, METHODS, OR PROCEDURES, OR OTHERWISE, THAT THE PERSON IS
LICENSED BY THE BOARD TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING SERVICES IN
THE STATE; 20
(2) USE ANY TITLE, ABBREVIATION, SIGN, CARD, OR OTHER
REPRESENTATION THAT THE PERSON IS A LICENSED ASSOCIATE COUNSELOR; OR
(3) USE THE TITLE "L.A.C." OR THE WORDS "LICENSED ASSOCIATE
COUNSELOR" WITH THE INTENT TO REPRESENT THAT THE PERSON PRACTICES
PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING.; OR
- 3220 -