Nos. 4, 6, 8, 9, & 11 Eutaw St, Baltimore, Md.
The Maryland Institute for the Pro-
motion of Mechanic Arts, awarded as
the First Premium three years in suc-
cession, in 1848, 1849, and 1850; at
their Annual Exhibition for 1849, we
were fortunate enough to receive two
First Premiums, one for our Grand
the other for our Square Pianos. To
these testimonials we confidently refer
with pride and pleasure, especially as
our instruments were placed in com-
petition with those of the most cele-
brated maaufacturers in the Country.
Our Establishment is now the most
extensive of its kind in the City, in.
which for thirteen years we have
labored incessantly, sparing no pains
and expense, to deserve the patronage
so liberally bestowed on us. We have
found an ample recompense in the
testimonials to which we referred, as
well as in the Encomiums of the most
celebrated artists visiting our shores
and the hearty approval and custom
of our own Professors and Amateurs.
Miss Jenny Lind used one of our
Grand Pianos at her Concerts.
At our Establishment may be con-
stantly found on hand a large assort-
ment of Six, Six, and Seven Octave
Pianos, in plain and highly finished
cases of Rosewood, Mahogany, &c.
the interior work perfected by a judi-
cious use of all the latest American
and European improvements. Our
instruments will be found particular-
ly adapted to stand the sudden changes
of our climate, a point to which we
have devoted much attention. As an-
other pledge that our instruments are
well and faithfully made, we warrant
their durability for five years under
good care, and will replace, with
others, all which may not give satis-
faction, if application be made within
the first six months.
Orders from the country attended
to with all possible punctuality, and
persons residing at a distance who
may favor us with their orders, will
find that it is not less our practice
than bur interest to send them such
Instruments as bear the strictest
scrutiny. The manufacturers will
keep all Pianos sold by them in the