ST. BARNABAS CHURCH
BIDDLE STREET AND ARGYLE AVENUE
Pastor's Residence, 624 W. Biddle Street
Sunday Morning Masses and Sermon, G and 7 o'clock. Children's Mass, fol-
lowed by Sunday School, 9 o'clock. Sunday High Mass, between October and
June, at 10.30 A, M. Sunday Evening Services, with Sermon and Benediction,
8 P. M. Baptisms, Sundays at 3 P. M.
Week-day Mass at 7 A. M.
REV. JOS. WAREING, Pastor REV. ED. J. BLASIUS, Assistant
A SOCIAL REVIEW
Mr. Geo. Leo Ferguson gave a Ye Old English Dish of Tee. ec.. Friday, September 14, 1928,
in honor of Miss Edith Ann Moore, at his home. 1428 Druid Hill Avenue. Over fifty young friends
of Miss Moore indulged in the cards, dancing, repast and other regal features of a smartly ar-
ranged send-off party amidst the prettily decorated settings. Miss Moore departed a few days later
to commence her career as a teacher and some of the most delightful fun of the party was had
during the period spent in giving Miss Moore a little example of teaching in a country school.
Jokes were read by each of the guests in the roles of scholars having their reading lessons, until
ceased from the sheer volleys of their laughter. Then music lessons were tried until the shrieks
and howls sent the whole party into hectic convulsions. Favors were distributed as the revelry
continued and before the guests finished their delectable repast a grand Ye Old English Shower was
staged until somebody raised a bis white handkerchief as a flag of truce.
A variety of cake and also cheese dainties, salted nuts, tiny mints and punch composed the
menu, the punch being served in dishes, in accordance with the invitation. Thy guests were
seated around a table in the form of a large E.
Lawson Vessells played the piano so superbly that after dancing up to 1.00 A, M., the guests
still hated for him to stop. Mr. and Mrs. Moore, the parents of Miss Edith Moore. Mrs. Oscar
Johnson and her granddaughter. Cridilla, Irvin Morris, Clarence Thornton and William Fax helped
Mr. Fergruson to throw his unique and original party.
Among those invited were: Mr. and Mrs. L. S. Moore and Mr. and Mrs. John Lightfoot; Mrs.
Oscar Johnson, Mrs. Ella Linch and Mrs. Annie Johnson ; The Misses Edith Moore. Louise Moore
Fannie Hayes, Phoebe Jackson, Gertrude Saunders, Marian Kinney, Alice Kinney. Cridilla Johnson,
Pearl Diggs, Katherine Dent Dorothy Botbit, Elsie Nophlin, Naomi Stewart, Edith Thomas. Lillian
Jones. Ethel Brown. Leona Butler and Gladys Johnson ; The Messrs. Robert W. Golem an, Clarence
Thornton. Ernest Soden. Westley Payne, Irvin Morris. James Soden. Mason Bevana, John Muse,
Lawson Vessdls, Hyson Diggs, Stanley Smith, Norman Bowers, Wilbert Tyree. William Coles,
William Henry, Jesse Brooks, Morris Diggs, Vernon Soden. Edward West. Stedmond Fields, Ben-
jamin Brooks. Weidfel Fields, Harrison Ennolds. Wilbert Rice. Harry Greene. Paul Madison. Mil-
burn Williams. Louie Wielder. Lewis Mathews. George Thomas, Charles Tarter, William Fax. Mr,
Hill, The Rosebud Pleasure Club, Wilbert Tyree, President, and The Comrade S. and L. Club,
Nathaniel Felton. President.
THE ARCH SOCIAL CLUB, No. 1
Incorporated March 15. 1912 for Social, Literary and Beneficial
purposes. It extends charity in a way that will make each and every
one feel that true friendship exists. It aids the sick and buries the dead.
It is today one of the largest organizations of its kind in Baltimore City.
Club House: 676 W. SARATOGA STREET
Phone, Vernon 3857
OFFICERS OF ARCH SOCIAL CLUB
Geo. Bailey, President
Mercer Frey, Vice-President
Jno. P. Leonard, Financial Secretary
W. H. Butler. Recording-Secretary
Jeremiah Hill, Treasurer
Jos. H. Garner, Chaplain
Jno. Ray, Sergeant-at-Arms
Richard Morsel!, Legal Advisor
Dr. R. L. Jackson, Medical Examiner
Henry Bass, Chairman House Committee
William Garrett, Organist
Samuel Jones, Janitor
Mt. Winans, Md.
915 N. Calhoun St.
552 W. Preston St.
904 W. Mulberry St.
719 Dolphin St.
913 W. Fayette St.
108 N. Mount St.
648 Josephine St.
600 Arlington Ave.
721 W. Saratoga St.
751 W. Saratoga St.
676 W. Saratoga St.