TRINITY BAPTIST CHURCH
Druid Hill Avenue and McMechen Street
Rev. James R. L. Diggs, A.B., Ph.D., became pastor of Trinity Baptist Church,
September 1, 1914. The church was then on 20th Street, near Charles. In 1915
the new property at Druid 1 Hill Avenue and Roberts Street was purchased,
and used until sold, February 5, 1920. The present edifice was bought and occu-
pied May 2,1920. It is worth perhaps 175,000.
The pastor was prepared for college at Wayland Seminary, Washington, D.
C., completed the college course at Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pa., in with
the degree of Bachelor of Arts in 1898, and Master of Arts in 1899 for a year's
extra work. In 1906 he earned the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the basis
of work done at Bucknell, Cornell and the Illinois Wesleyan University. For
further notice see "Who is Who in America," 1908-1909.
In 1901 Professor Diggs was married to Miss Alberta M. Pack, a cultured
woman and teacher in the schools of Hinton, W. Va. She earned her degrees of
A.B., and A.M. for four and two years work respectively, at Selma University,
where she was professor of German and History, 1913-1914.
She is a graduate of the college preparatory course of Virginia Union Uni-
versity, Richmond, Va., where she prepared for college. She is popular in Balti-
more as a public speaker.