clear space clear space clear space white space
 r c h i v e s   o f   M a r y l a n d   O n l i n e

PLEASE NOTE: The searchable text below was computer generated and may contain typographical errors. Numerical typos are particularly troubling. Click “View pdf” to see the original document.

  Maryland State Archives | Index | Help | Search
search for:
clear space
white space
THE FIRST COLORED Professional, Clerical and Business DIRECTORY OF BALTIMORE CITY 7th Annual Edition, 1919-1920
Volume 499, Page 145   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
clear space clear space clear space white space

Office Hours: C. & P. Phone,
Weekly—9-11 A. M.; 7-10 P. M. Mt. Vernon 1109
Sundays—8-11 A. M.; 7-8 P. M.

Residence, 708 Ensor St.

DR. G. W. KENNARD'S HOSPITAL (1883-1915).

704-6 Ensor Street, Bet. Monument and Madison.
Centrally located—Easily Accessible

After the establishment of The Kennard Hospital in the City of Baltimore in
the year 1885, the demands for additional hospital facilities increased steadily.
Thus the spacious three-story brick building now opened and operated. This
Hospital, established over 30 years, with the inscription on the front, "For the
Cure of All Manner of Diseases, " has carried out the assertion by the number
of years of successful operation which speaks volumes for its praise. At the main
entrance is the waiting room; to the right is the Drug Department, where four
drug clerks are regularly employed, whose aim is always to please and, by double-
check system, always accurate. Second floor, to the right of the corridor, Prof.
G. W. Kennard's private office, which is fitted up to meet the approval of the very
particular. On the same floor is a spacious dining-room, and a well-fitted-out
Chemical Laboratory also. On this floor is located the Operating Room; all the in-
struments of latest invention to insure best results are here; everything is perfectly
sanitary. On the third floor, bedrooms, private dining-rooms, baths and all other
conveniences that come under the sanitary law. Cheerful visitors and obliging
nurses are to be found here. The whole thing in a few words—A Home-Like
Hospital, where the best of treatment is to be had. Rates, $1. 00 per day and up-
wards. For further information, write to Dr. G. W. Kennard, M, D., Ph. D. Staff
of Assistants: Dr. J- Edward Smith, Recording Secretary and Resident Physician
in Charge, 722 North Spring Street, Dr. J. Fountain Smith, Corresponding Clerk,
Residence, 606 Stirling Street; Dr. Harry Kennard, Supply and Financial Clerk,
Residence, 708 Ensor Street,


Is located one mile from Patuxent Station on the P., B, & W. Railroad, Anne Arun-
del Co., Md., and is conducted and managed under the auspices of Professor and
Mrs. G. W. Kennard, who are the proprietors.

The above named Sanatorium will open on the first of June, as heretofore,
and remain so until October 1. The aim and object of this place is to please
the public, as it has eo successfully done In the past. The public Is cordially in-
vited to patronize the said Sanatorium, where all diseases are and have been
treated. The prices are moderate, the situation high and healthful, one of its
main features being an abundance of lofty pines which are so conducive to
health. Any other information desired can be obtained by applying to

PROF. O. W. KENNARD, 704 Ensor St., Balto.


clear space
clear space
white space

Please view image to verify text. To report an error, please contact us.
THE FIRST COLORED Professional, Clerical and Business DIRECTORY OF BALTIMORE CITY 7th Annual Edition, 1919-1920
Volume 499, Page 145   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  

This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!

An Archives of Maryland electronic publication.
For information contact

©Copyright  October 06, 2023
Maryland State Archives