clear space clear space clear space white space
 r c h i v e s   o f   M a r y l a n d   O n l i n e

PLEASE NOTE: The searchable text below was computer generated and may contain typographical errors. Numerical typos are particularly troubling. Click “View pdf” to see the original document.

  Maryland State Archives | Index | Help | Search
search for:
clear space
white space
THE FIRST COLORED Professional, Clerical and Business DIRECTORY OF BALTIMORE CITY 6th Annual Edition, 1918-1919
Volume 498, Page 23   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
clear space clear space clear space white space


Office Hours: C. & P, Phone,
Weekly—9-11 A. M.; 7-10 P M. Mt. Vernon 1109.
Sundays—8-11 A. M.; 7-8 P. M. ,

Residence, 708 Ensor St.

DR. G. W. KENNARD'S HOSPITAL (1885-1915),

704-6 Ensor Street, Bet. Monument and Madison.
Centrally Located—Easily Accessible.

After the establishment of The Kennard Hospital in the City
of Baltimore in the year 1885, the demands for additional hos-
pital facilities increased steadily. Thus the spacious three-story
brick building now opened and operated. This Hospital, es-
tablished over 30 years, with the inscription on the front, "For
the Cure of All Manner of Diseases," has carried out the asser-
tion by the number of years of successful operation which speaks
volumes for its praise. At the main entrance is the waiting
room; to the right is the Drug Department, where four drug
clerks are regularly employed, whose aim is always to please
and, by double-check system, always accurate. Second floor, to
the right of the corridor, Prof. G. W. Kennard's private office,
which is fitted up to meet the approval of the very particular.
On the same floor is a spacious dining-room, and a well-fitted-
out Chemical Laboratory also. On this floor is located the
Operating Room; all the instruments of latest invention to en-
sure best results here; everything is perfectly sanitary. On the
third floor, bedrooms, private dining-rooms, baths and all other
conveniences that come under the sanitary law. Cheerful visitors
and obliging nurses are to be found here. The whole thing in a
few words—A Home-Like Hospital, where the best of treatment
is to be had. Rates, $1.00 per day and upwards. For further
information, write to Dr. G. W. Kennard, M. D., Ph. D. Staff
of Assistants: Dr. J. Edward Smith, Recording Sec'y, and Resi-
dent Physician in Charge, 722 North Spring St.; Dr. J. Fountain
Smith, Corresponding Clerk, Residence, 606 Stirling St.; Dr.
Harry Kennard, Supply and Financial Clerk, Residence, 708
Ensor St.


Is located one mile from Patuxent Station on the P., B. & W.
Railroad, Anne Arundel Co., Md., and is conducted and managed
under the auspices of Professor and Mrs. G. W. Kennard, who
are the proprietors.

The above-named Sanatorium will open on the first of June,
as heretofore, and remain so until October 1. The aim and ob-
ject of this place is to please the public, as it has so successfully
done in the past. The public is cordially invited to patronize the
said Sanatorium, where all diseases are and have been treated.
The prices are moderate, the situation high and healthful, one of
its main features being an abundance of lofty pines which are so
conducive to health. Any other information desired can be ob-
tained by applying to

PROF. G. W. KENNARD, 704 Ensor St., Balto.


clear space
clear space
white space

Please view image to verify text. To report an error, please contact us.
THE FIRST COLORED Professional, Clerical and Business DIRECTORY OF BALTIMORE CITY 6th Annual Edition, 1918-1919
Volume 498, Page 23   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  

This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!

An Archives of Maryland electronic publication.
For information contact

©Copyright  October 06, 2023
Maryland State Archives