clear space clear space clear space white space
 r c h i v e s   o f   M a r y l a n d   O n l i n e

PLEASE NOTE: The searchable text below was computer generated and may contain typographical errors. Numerical typos are particularly troubling. Click “View pdf” to see the original document.

  Maryland State Archives | Index | Help | Search
search for:
clear space
white space
THE FIRST COLORED Professional, Clerical and Business DIRECTORY OF BALTIMORE CITY 4th Annual Edition, 1916-1917
Volume 496, Page 15   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
clear space clear space clear space white space



WEEKLY——9-12 A. M. ; 7-10 P. M. MT. VERNON 1109.

SUNDAYS—8-11 A. M.; 7-8 P. M.


DR. G. W. KENNARD'S HOSPITAL (1885-1915),


Centrally Located—Easily Accessible.

After the establishment of The Kennard Hospital in the
City of Baltimore in the year 1885, the demands for addi-
tional hospital facilities increased steadily. Thus the spa-
cious three-story brick building now opened and operated.
This Hospital, established over 30 years, with the inscrip-
tion on the front, "For the Cure of All Manner of Diseases,"
has carried out the assertion by the number of years of suc-
cessful operation which speaks volumes for its praise. At
the main entrance is the waiting room; to the right is the
Drug Department, where four drug clerks are regularly em-
ployed, whose aim is always to please and, by double-chock
system, always accurate. Second floor, to the right of the
corridor. Prof. G. W. Kennard's private office, which is fitted
up to meet the approval of the very particular. On the same
floor is a spacious dining room, and a well-fitted-out Chemical
Laboratory also. On this floor is located the Operating
Room; all the instruments of latest invention to ensure best
results here; everything is perfectly sanitary. On the third
floor, bed rooms, private dining rooms, baths and all other
conveniences that come under the sanitary law. Cheerful
visitors and obliging nurses are to bo found here. The whole
thing in a few words—A Home-Like Hospital, where the
best of treatment is to be had. Rates, $1.00 per day and
upwards. For further information, write to Dr. G. W. KEN-
NARD, M.D., Ph. D. Staff of Assistants: Dr. J. Edward
Smith, Recording Secy, and Resident Physician in Charge,
722 North Spring St.; Dr. J. Fountain Smith, Correspond-
ing Clerk, Residence, 606 Stirling St.; Dr. Henry Kennard,
Supply and Financial Clerk, Residence, 708 Ensor St


Is located one mile from Patuxent Station on the P., B. &
W. Railroad, Anne Arundel Co., Md., and is conducted and
managed under the. auspices of Professor and Mrs. G. W.
Kennard, who are the sole, proprietors.

The above-named Sanatorium will open on the first of
June, as heretofore, and remain so until October 1. The
aim and object of this place is to please the public, as it has
so successfully done in the past. The public is cordially
invited to patronize the said Sanatorium, where all diseases
are and have soon treated. The prices are moderate, the sit-
uation high and healthful, one of its main features being an
abundance of lofty pines which are so conducive to health.
Any other information desired can be obtained by applying
to PROF. G. W. KENHARD., 704 Ensor St, Balto.


clear space
clear space
white space

Please view image to verify text. To report an error, please contact us.
THE FIRST COLORED Professional, Clerical and Business DIRECTORY OF BALTIMORE CITY 4th Annual Edition, 1916-1917
Volume 496, Page 15   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  

This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!

An Archives of Maryland electronic publication.
For information contact

©Copyright  October 06, 2023
Maryland State Archives