COMBINED SNAIL WHEEL LOCKS,
And Combination Pad Locks.
The subscriber informs the citizens of Baltimore and its vicinity
that he has been appointed agent for the sale of Messrs. Andrews and
Manrice's patent Locks, viz. NIGHT LATCHES, LOCKS for Stores.
LOCKS FOR SAFES, IRON CHESTS, &c. These Locks are very
superior to any ever before offered to the public, more simple, and un-
equalled in safety. —Their advantages are
1. They cannot be picked.
2. No false key can be made from any impressions taken through
the key hole.
3. No key can be made to fit any lock, even by the maker of the
lock, after it has left his possession.
4. The keys of no two locks are made alike, being susceptible of
more than 3,000,000 variations in pattern.
5. The keys are small and conveniently carried.
6. They are in no way liable to get out of order—improve by use.
and are in all cases, warranted.
E. W. JOHNSON, 57 S. Charles st.
No. 8, Hanover Street, S. of Baltimore.
Will be ready to resume the 1st Monday in September. The scholastic
year, comprising 4 terms, ends the 15th of July. Every branch of
Classical Literature is taught in his Academy, and particular pains taken
to prepare his students to take the first honors in college. Every en-
gagement will be considered as binding for a half year al least
The Classics, including Mathematics, $15 per session.
English branches, " " $10 " " r
JOSEPH H. CLARKE.