70 MARYLAND MANUAL
Eugene J. Lefritz, 1955; William D. Noble, M.D., 1956;
I. Ridgeway Trimble, M.D., 1957; P. J. McMillin, 1957.
The Advisory Board on Hospital Licensing was established in 1946.
It consists of seven members appointed by the Governor for a term
of five years. The Board recommends and assists the Department of
Health in the establishment of minimum standards for the licensing
of hospitals within the State (Code 1961, Art. 43, sec. 625).
ADVISORY COUNCIL ON HOSPITAL CONSTRUCTION
Robert H. Riley, M.D., Dr. P.H., Director, State Depart-
ment of Health; Clifton T. Perkins, M.D., Commissioner of
Mental Hygiene; Huntington Williams, M.D., Dr. P.H., Com-
missioner of Health, Baltimore City; W. D. Noble, M.D.,
1957; Harvey Weiss, 1957; Harold Tschudi, 1957; Charles T.
Woodland, M.D., 1958; Peregrine Wroth, Jr., M.D., 1955;
C. E. Wise, Jr., 1955; Mrs. E. W. Ditto, 1958; Maurice
Pincoffs, M.D., 1956; J. Douglas Colman, M.D., 1956; Walter D.
Wise, M.D., 1956; Winford H. Smith, M.D., 1956; Brady J.
Dayton, 1956; Ernest L. Stebbins, M.D., 1956.
The Advisory Board on Hospital Construction was established in
1947. It is composed of eleven members appointed by the Governor
fora term of three years. In addition to the appointive members,
the Commissioner of Mental Hygiene and the Commissioner of Health
of Baltimore City serve ex-officio and two members are appointed by
the Maryland State Planning Commission. The Council is to consult
and advise with the Board of Health in the administration of a State
plan of Hospital Construction under the terms of the Hill-Burton Act
(Code 1951, Art. 43, sec. 628).
Board of Directors
Appointed by the Governor: Chairman: W. O. McLean,
M.D., 1959; A. Charles Stewart, 1959; Veri Ash, 1957; John
Elected by the Board: Michael J. Byrnes, 1955; Walter J.
Mackey, 1955; Harry Teter, 1955.
Mary T. Howie, R.N., Superintendent
54 Tarn Terrace, Frostburg Telephone: Frostburg 27S
Miners Hospital, established in 1912, is governed by a Board of
Trustees of seven members, four of whom are appointed by the
Governor for terms of four years; three members are elected by the
Board for two-year terms (Acts 1912, ch. 441).
The Hospital, founded originally for the purpose of providing hos-
pital facilities to miners and their families, today serves as a general
hospital for the residents of Frostburg and vicinity. The capacity
of the hospital is 77 beds. During the fiscal year 1354, the hospital
served a total of 1,359 patients.
Appropriations 1955 1956
General Fund ............................ $110,467 $133,735
Special Fund .............................. 119,000 120,000
Total .................................... $229,467 $263,736