ART. 2.] ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY. 87
above the quantity purchased, the sum of ten dollars, to be reco-
vered before a justice, the one-half to the informer and the other
half to the owner of the land, and shall also be liable to the
owner of the land for damages.
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES.
201. The standards of weights and measures forAnne Arundel
county shall be kept in the office of the county commissioner^
until the appointment of a keeper thereof.
202. The county commissioners may, in their discretion, appoint
a keeper of the standards of weights and measures, who shall'take
possession of the same, and shall, upon application, try, correct,
brand, mark and stamp weights and measures by said standards.
203. He shall give bond to the county commissioners, in the
penal sum of five hundred dollars, for the safe keeping of said
standards and the performance of the duties prescribed by law.
204. In default of, and until the appointment of such keeper,
the clerk of the county commissioners shall perform the duties of
205. The compensation ofsuchkeeper, or of said clerk while acting
as such, shall be six cents for each weight, measure, or scale-beam
by him adjusted, to be paid by the person making the application.
206. If any person in said county shall sell by any weights or
measures too light or small, he shall be liable to a penalty not
exceeding twenty-five dollars for each offence, upon conviction,
on indictment in the Circuit Court.
207. No person shall, iu any of the waters of Anne Arundel
county, shoot at wild fowl during the night time with a gun of
any description, unless it be from the land.
208. No person shall at any time, either in th'e day or night,
shoot at wild fowl any description of gun which may not be con-
veniently discharged from the shoulder at arm's-lengtb, without a
rest, from skin's or other boats.