Maryland members appointed by Governor to 3-year terms: Lewis R. Riley, 1997; two vacancies.
Dale A. Maginnis, Acting Executive Director & Secretary
P. O. Box 4277
106 Plaza West, Suite 301, Salisbury, MD 21803 - 4277
(410) 742-9271; fax: (410) 742-9467
The Delmarva Advisory Council was formed in 1964 as a voluntary association by the governors of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia within the region known as the Delmarva Peninsula. In 1984, Maryland joined her neighbor states in establishing the Council by statute (Chapter 671, Acts of 1984).
The Delmarva Peninsula in Maryland includes the Eastern Shore made up of part of Cecil County, and all of the counties of Kent, Queen Anne's, Caroline, Talbot, Dorchester, Wicomico, Worcester, and Somerset. It extends in Delaware to Kent and Sussex counties and part of New Castle County, and in Virginia to Accomack and Northampton counties.
To advance the economic and cultural welfare of the people of the Delmarva Peninsula, the Council provided advice, counsel, and assistance to government agencies and private organizations concerned with developing the resources and economy of the region. The Council helped governments work together and resolve interjurisdictional disputes in a public forum.
The Council was composed of five gubernatorial appointees from each state, as well as county officials, designated municipal officials, and citizens. Maryland financial support for the Council comes from participating Maryland counties and from the State through the budget for the Department of Business and Economic Development (Code 1957, Art. 32B, secs. 1-101 through 1-111).
The Council last received funding from Maryland in 2004.
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov