MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MARYLAND

EXECUTIVE BRANCH

PLANNING

ORIGIN & FUNCTIONS


ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

On July 1, 2016, the Economic Development Corporation assumed duties of the Department of Economic Development, and the Montgomery Business Development Corporation.

The Economic Development Corporation works to make Montgomery County a globally competitive and highly diversified knowledge-based economy. The Corporation is a public-private partnership funded by County government.


DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING

Matters relating to planning and zoning are governed by both State and County laws. The Maryland Forest Conservation Act, for example, requires all county governments to adopt local forest conservation programs (Chapter 255, Acts of 1991; Code Natural Resources Article, secs. 5-1601 through 5-1613).

The Department of Planning oversees five divisions: Community-Based Planning, Development Review, the Environmental Planning, Research and Technology Center, and Transportation Planning (County Code, secs. 33A-1 through 33A-17).

Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us


This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright April 07, 2017 Maryland State Archives