ALEXANDER P. RASIN III (1943-2015)
Member, Board of County Commissioners (Republican), 1982-90, 2006, 2010-12
Member, Board of County Commissioners, Kent County, 1982-90, 2006, and December 3, 2010 to May 11, 2012 (president, 1986-90).
Member, Board of Library Trustees, Kent County, 1972-82 (president, 1979-81). Member, Inquiry Panel, Attorney Grievance Commission, 1981-93; Board of Health, Kent County, 1982-90, 2006, 2010-12. Chair, Chestertown Ethics Commission, 1997-2011. Member, Character Committee, 1st Appellate Circuit, Court of Appeals, 2001-10. Treasurer, Upper Shore Regional Council, 2011-12.
Born in Chestertown, Maryland, May 21, 1943. Attended Chestertown High School, Chestertown, Maryland; Washington and Lee University, B.A., 1965; University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1968. Served in U.S. Army, 1968-70. Admitted to Maryland Bar, 1969. Attorney. Rasin & Rasin, 1970-75. Rasin & Sisk, 1976-82. Rasin & Wright, 1982-99. Rasin & Wootton, 1999-2011. Attorney for Kent County Board of Education, 1972-81. Attorney for Town of Galena, 1975-2003. Member, American Bar Association; Maryland State Bar Association (estate & trust law section); Kent County Bar Association (president, 1978-79). Board of Directors, Peoples Bank of Kent County, 1975-2014 (chair, 2007-13). Member, Chestertown Rotary Club, 1971-94 (president, 1981-82). Campaign chair, United Fund for Kent County, 1972. Board of Trustees, Kent School, 1978-86 (president, 1979-81). President, Delmarva Chapter, Washington and Lee Alumni Association, 1982-86. Board of Trustees, Magnolia Hall Nursing Home, 1987-90. Board of Directors, Humane Society of Kent County, 2000-06; Mid-Shore Community Foundation, 2002-06. Chair, Advisory Council for Mid-Shore Community Foundation, 2002-. Board of Directors, Eastern Shore Land Conservancy, 2006-12 (president, 2008, 2009); Historical Society of Kent County, 2007-14 (2nd vice-president, 2010). Advisory Board, Rebuilding Together Kent County, Maryland, 2009-. Married; two daughters, two granddaughters. Died in Centreville, Maryland, December 19, 2015.
© Copyright September 13, 2017 Maryland State Archives