Maryland Manual On-Line



THEODORE G. BLOOM (1926-2007)
Judge, Court of Special Appeals, 5th Appellate Circuit, 1983 to July 1, 1996. Retired July 1, 1996. Chair, Commission on Judicial Disabilities, 1990-95.

Member, Charter Revision Commission, Anne Arundel County, 1971-72; Attorney Grievance Commission, 1982-83.

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, July 18, 1926. Attended public schools in Baltimore, Maryland, and Durham, North Carolina. Served in U.S. Navy in Europe and the Pacific (medical corpsman), 1944-46, and in Korea, 1950-51. University of Maryland, B.A., 1949; University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1953. Scholastic honors: Phi Eta Sigma (national freshman honor society); Phi Kappa Phi (national scholastic honor society); Order of the Coif (national law school honor society). Law clerk to Judge Stephen R. Collins, Court of Appeals. Admitted to Maryland Bar, 1952. Member, Maryland State Bar Association (board of governors, 1971-72); Anne Arundel County Bar Association (president, 1975-76). Died in Annapolis, Maryland, August 25, 2007.

Maryland Judiciary
Maryland Government
Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance

Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!

[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright September 29, 2015 Maryland State Archives