Maryland Manual On-Line



[photo, John C. Eldridge, Court of Appeals Judge] JOHN C. ELDRIDGE, Judge, Court of Appeals, 5th Appellate Judicial Circuit (Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles & St. Mary's counties), January 7, 1974 to November 13, 2003. Retired November 13, 2003. Member, Library Committee, State Law Library; Business and Technology Division Task Force, 2000.

Trial Attorney, 1961-67, and Assistant Chief, 1967-69, Civil Division, Appellate Section, U.S. Department of Justice. Chief Legislative Officer, Office of Governor, 1969-74.

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, November 13, 1933. Attended Baltimore County public schools; Gilman School; Harvard College, B.A., 1955; Harvard Law School; University of Maryland School of Law, LL.B., 1959. Admitted to Maryland Bar, 1960. Member, Maryland State, Anne Arundel County and District of Columbia Bar Associations. Member, Order of the Coif (national law school honor society). Award for Ten Best Maryland Administrative Law Decisions, Administrative Law Section, Maryland State Bar Association, 2003.

Maryland Judiciary
Maryland Government
Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance

Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!

[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright September 29, 2015 Maryland State Archives