MARYLAND STATE EMPLOYEES SURETY BOND COMMITTEE


[photo, Goldstein Treasury Building, 80 Calvert St., Annapolis, Maryland] Ex officio: Brian E. Frosh, Attorney General; Peter V. R. Franchot, Comptroller of the Treasury; Nancy K. Kopp, State Treasurer.

Contact: Bernadette T. Benik

c/o State Treasurer
Goldstein Treasury Building, 80 Calvert St., Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 260-7080; 1-800-974-0468 (toll free)
e-mail: bbenik@treasurer.state.md.us
fax: (410) 974-3530
web: www.treasurer.state.md.us

Goldstein Treasury Building, 80 Calvert St., Annapolis, Maryland, February 2001. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.


The Maryland State Employees Surety Bond Committee was created in 1967 (Chapter 702, Acts of 1967). The Committee sets the type and the amount of the bonds of all State officers and employees who are required to be bonded. The Comptroller of the Treasury keeps the records of bonded State officers and employees.

Three ex officio members constitute the Committee (Code State Government Article, secs. 9-1701 through 9-1707).

Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us


This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright May 22, 2017 Maryland State Archives