CHEMICAL DEMILITARIZATION CITIZENS' ADVISORY COMMISSION

Appointed by Governor to 2-year terms:
John E. Nunn III, Esq., Co-Chair
George J. Englesson, Co-Chair

Alvin L. Bowles; Steven K. Broyles; Donald L. Keldsen; Linda Koplovitz; B. Daniel Riley; two vacancies. Terms expire 1999.

Staff: Alvin L. Bowles

c/o Waste Management Administration
Dept. of the Environment
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 537-3317
e-mail: abowles@mde.state.md.us

In December 1993, the Governor established the Chemical Demilitarization Citizens' Advisory Commission in accordance with the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1993 (P.L. 102-484, Subtitle G., sec. 172). The Commission advised the U.S. Congress and the U.S. Army on any concerns of citizens or State government about the federal program for disposal of lethal chemical agents and munitions stored in Maryland.

In March 2005, the stockpile of U.S. chemical weapons in Maryland was destroyed. According to federal law, the Commission's work concluded then.

Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us


This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright September 29, 2015 Maryland State Archives