MARYLAND SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF

HISTORICAL EVOLUTION


[photo, William R. Barry (1828-1900) statue, Frederick Campus, Maryland School for the Deaf, Frederick, Maryland] President & Visitors of the Asylum for Deaf & Dumb Mutes of the State of Maryland, 1868-1880
Maryland School for the Deaf & Dumb, 1880-1916
Maryland State School for the Deaf, 1916-58
Maryland School for the Deaf, 1958-

Maryland School for the Blind, Department for Colored Blind & Deaf, 1872-1955

In 1955, deaf students from Department for Colored Blind & Deaf transferred to Maryland State School for the Deaf.

William R. Barry (1828-1900) statue, Frederick Campus, Maryland School for the Deaf, Frederick, Maryland, January 2006. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.


Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us


This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright September 29, 2015 Maryland State Archives