Pennington Mills, Jones Falls, Baltimore, View Up Stream by Framcis Guy
Francis Guy, American (1753-1820)
Pennington Mills, Jones Falls, Baltimore, View Upstream

c. 1804, Oil on Canvas
Private Bequest, MSA SC 4680-10-0028

This landscape view painted by Guy is thought to be the Taggert House and Mr. Pennington's mills from the new bridge over the Jones Falls. It was painted by English-born artist Francis Guy, who took up residence in Baltimore around 1798 and remained there until 1817.

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!

[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright November 13, 2001 Maryland State Archives