MSA SC 3520-13116
In addition to researching and publishing Jerry is a Research Volunteer at the Maryland State Archives. He also serves as Vice President for Genealogy in the Baltimore African American Historical and Genealogical Society. He is Vice President of the Maryland Genealogical Society. He is also a member of the Maryland Historical Society, serving on the Library Committee.
Jerry has also served as a volunteer at the Maryland State Archives, and as a member of the Search Room Advisory Committee at the Archives for a number of years. Surnames that are the subject of his family research are: Braxton (Va.), Hynson (Md.), Reed (Va.), Kess (Md.), Hall (Md.), Burrell (Va.).
PublicationsEmail Jerry at: JerryHyn@AOL.com
- Maryland Freedom Papers V. 1: Anne Arundel County.
- Maryland Freedom Papers V. 2: Kent Co.
- The African American Collection V. 1.Kent County, Maryland
- The African American Collection V. 2 Free African Americans of Allegheny,
- Anne Arundel, Calvert, Caroline, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Frederick, Kent,
- Montgomery, Queen Ann's, St. Mary's, and Washington Counties, Maryland 1832.
- The African American Collection V. 3. District of Columbia: D. C. Department of Corrections Runaway slave Book
- U. S. District Court for D. C. Fugitive Slave Cases 1862-1863.
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov