First Session: October 12, 1640 - October 24, 1640
Second Session: August 2, 1641 - August 12, 1641
Edward C. Papenfuse, et al., A Biographical Dictionary of the Maryland Legislature, 1635-1789, Vols. 1&2. Annapolis, MD: Maryland State Archives, 1979, 1985.
|Members by Special Writ|
|Giles Brent, of the Council1
|Thomas Gerard, Lord of St. Clement's Manor3
John Lewger, of the Council5
Cuthbert Fenwick, e-2
|St. Clement's Hundred
|St. George's Hundred8
|St. Mary's Hundred
|St. Michael's Hundred
1. Elected a burgess from Kent Isle, as well as being summoned on a special writ.
2. Elected a burgess from St. Mary's Hundred, as well as being summoned on a special writ.
3. Attended only the second session.
4. Served at the first session on a special writ as attorney for Councilor and Manor Lord Thomas Comwaleys, out of the country; at the second session he was elected a delegate from Mattapanient Hundred.
5. Elected a burgess from St. Mary's Hundred, as well as being summoned as a councilor on a special writ.
6. Kent Isle sent only Giles Brent and Thomas Adams to the second session in an effort to reduce expenses.
7. Attended only the first session.
8. St. George's Hundred sent only George Pye to the second session in an effort to reduce expenses.
to Maryland Government, Historical List
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov