Archives of Maryland
Historical List
Harford County
Registers of Wills
1777-present

1777-1780 J. Beale Howard
1780-1799John George Bradford
1799-1813Abraham Jarrett
1813-1818Samuel Richardson
1818-1845Thomas Bond
1845-1857Charlton W. Billingslea
1857-1867Benedict H. Hanson
1867-1873Joseph R. Ely
1873-1885Dr. William L. Richardson
1885-1889Dr. James M. Mcgraw
1889Edwin H. Webster of John
1889-1901George Smith Norris
1901-1913Hugh T. Bay
1913-1919John Archer
1919-1926Charles S. Warner
1926-1930Charles H. Reed
1930-1942A. James Gross
1942-1954Robert L. Wheeler
1954-1974Thomas L. Adams
1974-1986Janet G. Marshall
1986-2010 Harry L. W. Hopkins, Jr.
2010-present Derek K. Hopkins

Notes:

Dr. James M. Magraw died July 13, 1889. ("Death of Dr. James M. Mcgraw." The Sun, 15 July 1889.) Edward H. Webster was appointed his successor. ("Maryland Items." The Sun, 20 July 1889.)

Sources:
HARFORD COUNTY REGISTER OF WILLS (Orphans Court Proceedings) MSA CM588
GOVERNOR AND COUNCIL (Commission Record) 1726-1837, MSA S1080
SECRETARY OF STATE (Commission Record) MSA S1081
SECRETARY OF STATE (Election Return Abstracts) MSA S1122
Maryland Manual
Preston, Walter W. History of Harford County. Baltimore: Press of Sun Book Office, 1901.
Wright, C. Milton. Our Harford Heritage. N. pl.: C. Milton Wright, 1967.


Return to Maryland Government, Historical List


This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright June 20, 2013Maryland State Archives