|1825-1851||David M. Perine|
|1851-1862||James L. Ridgely2|
|1862-1863||Samuel F. Butler|
|1867-1873||Oliver P. Macgill|
|1873-1879||Joseph B. Mitchell|
|1879-1881||William H. Koller3|
|1887-1893||Benjamin W. Ady|
|1893-1899||Henry J. Hebb|
|1905-1907||John E. Bolte4|
|1907-1930||William J. Peach|
|1930-1961||Joseph P. Connor5|
|1961-1962||Edgar J. DeMoss|
|1962-1966||Matthew T. Hogan|
|1966-1978||J. Louis Davis|
|1978-1998||Peter J. Basilone|
|1998-2021||Grace G. Connolly6|
|2021-present||Alexis Burrell Rohde|
1. William Buchanan died on December 19, 1824. David M. Perine was appointed on January 8, 1825. (BALTIMORE COUNTY REGISTER OF WILLS (Orphans Court Proceedings) Volume 13 pp. 107-108, MSA C396-13.)
2. James L. Ridgely resigned on September 30, 1862. Samuel F. Butler was appointed on October 7, 1862. (BALTIMORE COUNTY REGISTER OF WILLS (Orphans Court Proceedings) Volume JSR 2 pp. 266-268, MSA T674-2.)
3. William H. Koller died April 14, 1881 and Philpot was appointed until the 1881 general election, in which he was elected to his own term. (The Sun, 16 April 1881; The Sun, 20 April 1881.)
4. Dr. John E. Bolte died February 16, 1907, and William J. Peach was appointed until the 1907 general election, in which he was elected to his own term. (Democrat and Journal, 23 February 1907.)
5. Joseph P. Connor retired on October 1, 1961, and Edgar J. DeMoss was appointed register until the next general election. (BALTIMORE COUNTY REGISTER OF WILLS (Orphans Court Proceedings) Volume JPC 111 page 269, MSA T674-111.)
6. Grace G. Connolly retired on April 7, 2021, and Alexis Burrell Rohde was sworn in April 16, 2021.
BALTIMORE COUNTY REGISTER OF WILLS (Orphans Court Proceedings) MSA C396 and T674.
BALTIMORE COUNTY REGISTER OF WILLS (Wills) MSA C435 and MSA T4232.
BOARD OF STATE CANVASSERS (Election Returns) MSA S63.
SECRETARY OF STATE (Commission Record) MSA S1081.
Maryland Manual and Maryland Manual On-Line
Scharf, J. Thomas. History of Baltimore City and County. 2 vols. 1881. Reprint, Baltimore: Regional Publishing Company, 1971.
© Copyright October 26, 2021Maryland State Archives