Archives of Maryland
(Biographical Series)

Albert A. Doub (b. 1865)
MSA SC 3520-13624

Biography:

Born at Beaver Creek, Washington County, Maryland, April 11, 1865.  Attended public schools of Washington County; Hagerstown High School; University of Kentucky; The Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1886.  Married first wife Mary Gruber (d. 1891) in 1888; two daughters were Mary Irene (m. J. Bannister Roberts) and Elton (m. Lestor G. Sigourney).   Married second wife Anne Peyton Cochran in 1900; six children were George Moffatt Cochran, Albert A., Jr., Anne Peyton, John Baldwin (c. 1908-1917), Margaret Lynn (d. in infancy), and Elizabeth Boys.  Admitted to the Maryland bar, 1894.  Resided on West Washington Street, Cumberland.

Principal, Williamsport High School, c. 1887-89.  Principal, Beall High School, Frostburg, c. 1890-95.  Treasurer of Allegany County, 1893-94.  City attorney, cities of Frostburg and Cumberland.  Counsel for Allegany County commissioners, four years.  Referee in bankruptcy for Allegany and Garrett counties, 1898-1910.  Republican party nominee for attorney general of Maryland, 1915.  Delegate-at-large, Republican National Convention, 1916.  Associate Judge, Fourth Judicial Circuit of Maryland (Allegany County), 1921-.  Member, Elks, Royal Arcanum.  Member and vestryman, Emmanuel Protestant Episcopal Church of Cumberland.

Return to Albert A. Doub's Introductory Page


This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

© Copyright Wednesday, 23-Jan-2002 21:09:43 EST Maryland State Archives