Mary Couden Stone (ca. 1760-1792)
MSA SC 3520-2235
Wife of John Hoskins Stone, Governor of Maryland 1794-1797
1. Maryland Gazette, March 8, 1792.
2. Frank F. White, Jr. The Governors of Maryland, 1777-1970. (Annapolis: Hall of Records, 1970), 32.
4. Robert Barnes, Marriages and Deaths from the Maryland Gazette (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1979), 177.
5. Harry Wright Newman, The Stones of Poynton Manor: A Genealogical
History of Captain William Stone (Washington D.C.: Harry Wright Newman,
1937); J. D. Warfield, The Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties, Maryland (Maryland: Family Line Productions, 1990), 246;
St. Mary's County, Register of Wills, JJ2, i. WK280-1-2, 6-7.
6. Maryland Gazette, March 8, 1792.
Return to biographical profile
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov