Archives of Maryland
(Biographical Series)

Everett J. Waring (1859-1914)
MSA SC 3520-1745

Images:






Everett Waring, Esq.
(1859-1914)
Ronald X. Roberson (c.1953-)
Oil on canvas, 1985
34 ½ H x 28 W in.
MSA SC 5590-2-34
507 Mosher Street
Waring home at 507 Mosher Street, Baltimore.  Waring purchased the home in 1890 for $3,300. He lived there with his wife and four children from 1890 until the property was seized in 1897 following the failure of the Lexington Savings Bank.  Another extant Waring home is located at 525 Robert Street, where Waring lived in 1889.

This townhouse on the corner of Mosher and Etting Streets is a three-story brick structure with a two-story addition in the back. According to the Baltimore City Land Records, the house was built sometime between 1857 and 1867.  The building still stands today; the marble steps appear to be original.  The elegance of the brick structure has been marred by the addition of a faux-stone facade added sometime this century, but holes in the facade reveal the original brick underneath.

View of Modern Front Door

View of Back of Townhouse

Close-up View of Back of Townhouse

The building's modern appearance matches descriptions of the property in the 1896 Bromley Atlas of Baltimore and in the mid-20th century Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps.
 

Return to Everett J. Waring's Introductory Page


This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

© Copyright January 09, 2006 Maryland State Archives