Conservation Lab Projects
Projects at the conservation lab, both those to repair items owned by the Archives and those donated by private individuals, go through a multi-step process from the time they enter the lab to when their repairs are completed. When the Conservation Lab receives a request for repairs, the documents or books are assessed in the following ways:
- Condition report outlines the current physical state of the item at the time it entered the Conservation Lab
- Treatment proposal suggests the necessary steps and materials needed to repair the item to improve its condition as much as possible. This proposal also contains a cost estimate for services.
- Careful photo documentation is undertaken to record the quality of the document or book before and after conservation work.
- Treatment report describes the condition of the item following treatment.
Some recent projects in the
Conservation Lab include:
- Kent County Court Records
- Sidney and Neff Map
- Naval midshipman certificate
- Kent County Register of Wills
- St. Anne's Bibles
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov
© Copyright November 05, 2010 Maryland State Archives