Sixth Convention: December 7, 1775 - January 18, 17761
Seventh Convention: May 8, 1776 - May 25, 1776
Eighth Convention: June 21, 1776 - July 6, 1776
Edward C. Papenfuse, et al., Archives of Maryland, Historical List, new series, Vol. 1. Annapolis, MD: Maryland State Archives, 1990.
Edward C. Papenfuse, et al., A Biographical Dictionary of the Maryland Legislature, 1635-1789, Vols. 1&2. Annapolis, MD: Maryland State
Archives, 1985.a - appointed; d - died; dcl - declined; dns - did not serve; ds - dismissed; e - elected; ev - election voided; chair - convention chairman;
pres - president of the Senate; pres p. t. - president pro tem of the Senate; psa - post-session appointment; psd - post-session death;
psr - post-session resignation; r - resigned; s - suspended; spkr - speaker of the House; spkr p.t. - speaker pro tem of the House;
(D) - Democrat; (R) - Republican.
|Anne Arundel County*
Charles Carroll, barrister
Charles Carroll of Carrollton
Walter Tolley, Jr.
Jeremiah Townley Chase
Patrick Sim Smith
Benjamin Mackall IV
John Veazy, Jr.
John D. Thompson
William Currer, e-7
Robert Townshend Hooe
William Harrison, e-7
Joseph Hanson Harrison, e-7
|Frederick County - Lower District*
|Frederick County - Middle District*
|Frederick County - Upper District*
George Brent, e-75
Thomas Bond, of Thomas
Thomas Smyth, dcl
|Prince George's County*
|Queen Anne's County
Richard Tilghman Earle
|St. Mary's County*
John Allen Thomas2
John Reeder, Jr.
Athanasius Ford, e-7
Matthew Tilghman, chair, 6-84
James Lloyd Chamberlaine
Francis Baker, dns, ds-67
1. The members of the Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Conventions were elected
in September 1775 to serve for a period of one year. Election results survive
for only those counties marked with an asterisk; the lists of delegates
for the other counties are based on attendance at the conventions.
2. These delegates attended only the Sixth Convention.
3. These delegates attended only the Sixth and Seventh Conventions.
4. These delegates attended only the Sixth and Eighth Conventions.
5. These delegates attended only the Seventh Convention.
6. These delegates attended only the Seventh and Eighth Conventions.
7. Baker was dismissed on December 11, 1775, for a "breach of the continental association" prior to his election.
to Maryland Government, Historical List
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov