First Session: October 27, 1686 - November 19, 1686
Second Session: November 14, 1688 - November 17, 1688; November 19, 1688 - December 8, 1688
Edward C. Papenfuse, et al., A Biographical Dictionary of the Maryland Legislature, 1635-1789, Vols. 1&2. Annapolis, MD: Maryland State Archives, 1979, 1985.
William Stevens, d-2
William Burgess, d-2
Henry Coursey, sw-1, spkr 12
William Joseph, a-21
|Anne Arundel County3
Thomas Burford, d-2
Henry Hawkins, e-2
Edward Pinder, dns, s-14
Henry Hosier, dns, d-16
William Harris, e-1
|St. Mary's City
Kenelm Cheseldyne, spkr 1(?), 2
|St. Mary's County
Clement Hill, dns, c-17
Richard Gardiner, d-2
John Coode, e-2
1. In 1688 William Joseph was appointed to the Council and elevated to the presidency, replacing Thomas Taillor in that leadership role.
2. Attended the first session and presided in the Upper House at the request of the other members; Lord Baltimore later reprimanded these men for that request.
3. The second delegate from Anne Arundel County has not been identified. No journal survives for the first session of this Assembly, and only Hill's name appears in the records of the second session.
4. Appointed sheriff prior to the convening of the first session; it is not known whether John Brooke or Daniel Clarke replaced him.
5. The Dorchester County commissioners detained Daniel Clarke from attending the second session, which resulted in a complaint from the Lower House.
6. Died before the first session convened; William Harris was elected to replace him.
7. Appointed to the Council and Upper House before the Assembly convened in its first session. It is not known whether Joseph Pile or Richard Gardiner was elected to replace him.
to Maryland Government, Historical List
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov