In 1943, Easton Airport was contructed as an auxilliary airfield by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. At that time, the Airport was used as a practice and emergency field. After World War II, it was turned over to the Town of Easton and became Easton Municipal Airport. In May 1993, the Talbot County Council renamed it Easton Airport/Newnam Field to honor William S. D. Newnam (1916-1997), who had served the County and the Airport for forty years.
Airplane, Easton Airport, 29137 Newnam Road, Easton, Maryland, May 2017. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov