Alice Contee Kent (1803-1868)
MSA SC 3520-2250
First Lady of Maryland, 1828-1829
1. Walter Worthington Bowie, The Bowies and their Kindred: A Genealogical and Biographical History (Washington: Press of Cromwell Bros., 1899).
2. R.H. McIntire, Annapolis, Maryland Families (Maryland: Robert H. McIntire, 1989). Bowie, The Bowies.
3. Bowie, The Bowies.
6. Heinrich Ewald Buchholz, Governors of Maryland From the Revolution to the Year 1908, 2d ed. (Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins co., 1908).
7. McIntire, Annapolis, Maryland Families. Bowie, The Bowies.
8. Bowie, The Bowies. Rev. Benjamin Contee, Alice's father, served Christ Church in William and Mary's Parish, Charles County, from 1803 to 1816, Trinity Church in Trinity Parish, Charles County, from 1808-1816, and St, Paul's Parish in Prince George's County from 1811-1816. Edna Agatha Kanley, Directory of Ministers and the Maryland Churches they Served, 1634-1990 (Westminster, MD: Family Line Publications, 1991), XXX.
9. The Sun, 25 August 1868.
Return to biographical profile
© Copyright Maryland State Archives