Archives of Maryland
(Biographical Series)

Henrietta Margaret Hill Ogle (1751-1815)
MSA SC 3520-2237
First Lady of Maryland, 1798-1801


Notes on Sources:

1.  SPECIAL COLLECTIONS (Monthly Meeting at the Clifts Collection) Parish Register 1662-1782, [MSA SC 2978 M 545].

2.  Thomas, Lawrence Buckley, D.D. The Thomas Book. (New York: Henry T. Thomas Co., 1906), 37.

3.  PREROGATIVE COURT (Testamentary Papers) Maryland State Archives MdHR 1331, 1/13/1/54, folder 34.

4.  Thomas, Lawrence Buckley, D.D. The Thomas Book. (New York: Henry T. Thomas Co., 1906), 37.

5.  Ibid.

6.  Ibid.

7.  Warfield, J.D., A.M.  The Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties, Maryland.  (Maryland:  Family Line Publications, 1990), 249-50.

8.  White, Frank F. Governors of Maryland, 1777-1970. (Annapolis: Hall of Records, 1970), 48.

9.  Baltz, Shirley Vlasak. "The History of Belair Estate and its People," A Chronicle of Belair. (Maryland: Bowie Heritage Committee, 1984), 40.

10.  SPECIAL COLLECTIONS (St. Margaret's Church Collection) All Hallow's Church, Parish Register 1711-1857 [MSA SC 2915 M 1012], 61.

11.  Baltz, Shirley Vlasak. "The History of Belair Estate and its People," A Chronicle of Belair. (Maryland: Bowie Heritage Committee, 1984), 43-4.

12.  CHANCERY COURT (Chancery Record) 1815, 95i Maryland State Archives MSA S0517-109 MdHR 17,808, 1/35/3/1, 639-642.


Return to biographical profile


This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

© Copyright April 25, 2017Maryland State Archives