William Pinkney Whyte (1824-1908)
MSA SC 3520-1466
Governor of Maryland 1872-1874 (Democrat)
4. Dumas Malone and Allen Johnson, eds., Dictionary of American Biography, vol. X. (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1934), 179.
5. Gerson G. Eisenberg, Marylanders Who Served the Nation: A Biographical Dictionary of Federal Officials from Maryland (Annapolis: Maryland State Archives, 1992), 230.
6. White, The Governors of Maryland, 179. White does not record the LL.D. from the University of Maryland; this information is listed in Who Was Who In America, vol. 1, 1897-1942 (Chicago: The A.N. Marquis Company, 1943), 1342 and The Biographical Cyclopedia of Representative Men of Maryland and the District of Columbia (Baltimore: National Biographical Publishing Co., 1879), 652-653.
7. Eisenberg, Marylanders, 230.
8. White, The Governors of Maryland, 179.
9. Ibid., 179-181. J.D. Warfield, The Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties (Baltimore: Regional Publishing Company, 1967), 288-9. Official Congressional Directory, 59th Congress, Second Session, 1st ed. (Washington: Government Printing Office, 1906), 46-47. The Biographical Cyclopedia of Representative Men of Maryland, 652-653.
10. White, The Governors of Maryland, 183.
Return to biographical profile
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov