2) COURT OF APPEALS (Judgments, Western Shore), 1820-1821, Dec. 1821, No. 189, State v. Buchanan, MSA S 382-147, MSA SC 2221-24-1-2.
3) COURT OF APPEALS (Notes on Arguments, Western Shore), 1821, Dec. 1821, No. 189, State v. Buchanan, pp. 251-264, 365-455, MSA S 427-7, MSA SC 2221-24-1-3.
4) COURT OF APPEALS (Notes on Arguments, Western Shore), 1821-1823, Dec. 1821, No. 189, State v. Buchanan, pp. 1-68, MSA SA 49, MSA S 427-8, MSA SC 2221-24-1-4.
5) COURT OF APPEALS (Opinions, Western Shore), 1821-1823, Dec. 1821, No. 189, State v. Buchanan, MSA S 394-1, MSA SC 2221-24-1-5.
6) GOVERNMENT PUBLICATION, COURT OF APPEALS (Maryland Reports), 1820-1823, Harris and Johnson's Reports, vol. 5, pp. 317-368, MSA J 653, MSA SC 2221-24-1-6.
7) SPECIAL COLLECTIONS (Radoff Fund Collection) An Exhibit of the Losses Sustained at the Office of Discount and Deposit Baltimore, under the Administration of James A Buchanan, President, and James W. McCulloh, Cashier... appended to "A Report of the Conspiracy Cases, tried at Harford County Court in Maryland." Baltimore: Printed by Thomas Murphy, 1823. MSA SC 4645-1-8 MSA SC 2221-24-1-7.
8) UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, MCKELDIN LIBRARY MARYLANDIA & RARE BOOKS DEPARTMENT. Harper, Robert Goodloe. A Report of the Conspiracy Cases ... tried at Harford County Court in Maryland. Baltimore: Printed by Thomas Murphy, 1823. (facsimile) SC 4645-1-9. MSA SC 2221-24-1-8.
9) JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, PEABODY LIBRARY. Raymond, Daniel. The Argument of D. Raymond, Esq. before the Court of Appeals of Maryland, at the December Term, 1821, in the case of the State of Maryland vs. Buchanan, McCulloh, and Williams, upon an indictment to cheat the Bank of the United States. Reported by Thomas Harris, Esq. Baltimore: Printed by John D. Toy, 1823. (facsimile) SC 4645-1-10. MSA SC 2221-24-1-9
10) Minutes of the court for 1821 in which William Wirt is admitted to practice after repeating and signing "a Declaration of his belief in the Christian Religion, and takes the several oaths required by law." COURT OF APPEALS (Minutes, Western Shore), 1806-1831. MSA S 426-1, ff 178; 183; Commission of Henry Maynadier Murray as District Attorney of the Sixth Judicial District, January 18, 1819. GOVERNOR AND COUNCIL (Commission Record) 1816-1820. MSA S 1080-11; Oath of Henry M. Murray, April 8. 1817, on being admitted to the Baltimore County bar. BALTIMORE COUNTY COURT (Test Book) 1806-1824. MSA C 429-3. MSA SC 2221-24-1-10
Return to State v. Buchanan Cover Page
Return to Introduction
For further inquiries, please contact Dr. Papenfuse at:
Phone: MD toll free 800-235-4045 or 410-260-6403.
© Copyright August 18, 1998 Maryland State Archives
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov