2) SPECIAL COLLECTIONS (Maryland State Archives Map Collection) Details from Gray's New Map of Baltimore, 1876. MSA SC 1427-28. MSA SC 2221-18-1
4) SPECIAL COLLECTIONS (Sun Collection) Baltimore Sun, Friday, May 20, 1870. MSA SC 2852. MSA SC 2221-18-3
6) "The Fifteenth Amendment." Lithograph by James C. Beard. New York: Thomas Kelly Publishers, 1870. With permission from Golden Owl Publishing Company, Inc., P. O. Box AO3, Amawalk, N.Y. 10501. Black Voting Rights, Portfolio #P21. MSA SC 2221-18-5
7) SPECIAL COLLECTIONS (Constance B. Schultz Slide Collection). "The Result of the Fifteenth Amendment..." Lithograph by Metcalf & Clark, Baltimore, 1870. Original in the Enoch Pratt Free Library. MSA SC 1260-104. MSA SC 2221-18-6
8) "The Fifteenth Amendment and Its Results." Lithograph by E. Sachse & Co., Baltimore, 1870. Courtesy of Venable, Baetjer & Howard. MSA SC 2221-18-7
9) "The Result of the Fifteenth Amendment..." Lithograph by Metcalf & Clark, Baltimore, 1870. Courtesy of The Peale Museum, T. Edward Humbleton Print Collection, Baltimore City Life Museums. MSA SC 2221-18-8
10) GENERAL ASSEMBLY (Laws, Original) 1973. Joint Resolution 17 ratifying the 15th Amendment. MSA S 966-1074 MdHR 19,904-5. MSA SC 2221-18-9
11) Fifteenth Amendment toy. American Heritage 32:1 (December 1980):25. MSA SC 2221-18-10.
The Documents for the Classroom series of the Maryland State Archives was designed and developed by Dr. Edward C. Papenfuse and Dr. M. Mercer Neale and was prepared with the assistance of R.J. Rockefeller, Lynne MacAdam, Leigh Bond, Matt Brown, Laura Lisy, and other members of the Archives staff. MSA SC 2221-18. Publication #5381.
For further inquiries, please contact Dr. Papenfuse at:
Phone: MD toll free 800-235-4045 or 410-260-6403.
|| Search the Archives || Education & Outreach || Archives of Maryland Online ] Governor General Assembly Judiciary Maryland.Gov